When I was a kid reading fairy tales, I don’t remember them saying, “And then, the princess goes on to marry a jacka%*, have ungrateful children, and go through a premature mid-life crisis”.
Unfortunately, if you’re not living your fairy tale life, it is not going to just happen, it’s going to require some work on your part.
Whether it’s your job, your marriage, or your self-esteem, you can change anything by simply making the decision to do it.
Are you living happily ever after? If not, it’s time to make some deliberate decisions and changes. Ask yourself the following questions and actually write down your answers:
- Am I living the life I want? If yes, stop here, have a glass of wine, and give yourself a pat on the back. You’re doing a great job, and you should be commended. If no, continue on to the next questions.
- If I could make one change that would have the biggest immediate impact, what would it be?
- What has kept me from making that change?
- What one step could I take today to move me closer to where I want to be?
- What is the first thing I can do to make that happen?
- What is one thing I can do each day this week to move me closer to my goal?
- SCHEDULE THOSE THINGS on your daily calendar right now.
In my fairy tale, I wanted to find prince charming. After a lot of resistance and sheer stubbornness, I took the bet my friends made me and joined Match.com. On Friday my husband and I celebrated our third wedding anniversary, and I am proud to say I found my prince.
Sometimes changing your life is as simple as making the decision to do so. Get up, get committed, and get started. It’s time to set some goals and live your fairy tale.
Don’t forget to like us on Facebook!